the cultural register
DKUUG is active in the work of standardizing among Open Systems.
All work is being made through DKUUG's standardizing group,
The primary fields are:
Further more, DKUUG supports standardizing by hosting a number of email-lists
for the various groups who work with standardizing, and also hosts a few
web pages, where more information on the above work
can be found.
- Validation of the HTML standards.
- Ideas for Microsoft XML specifications
- Internationalization - We are involved in the creation and definition of
specifications formats (locales, charmaps), and the functions needed
to manipulate these; further we work on the specifications on charmaps
and locales for the individual languages and countries, and the creation
of a database hereof - the cultural registry.
- POSIX - where we in particular work on internationalization and character
sets, but also on a standard editor, sccs, as well methods for compression.
- C - Where we play an active role with internationalization and character sets,
especially string handling, but also language independent methods.
- C++ - All work we do with C applies as well for C++.
- Character sets - We are involved in the registration of new character sets.
- Internet - Internationalization of character sets in email, on web pages and more.
Comments are welcome! Mail them to: